(see our FAQ CBD Suppositories for lubrication, inflammation, and muscle relaxation)
CBD suppositories can help facilitate cannabinoids reaching the blood in much higher concentrations. Rectal administration also increases the uptake of CBD entering the bloodstream by almost 10 times, when compared with oral consumption. Vaginally, suppositories are a great way to reduce menstrual cramping and bloating.
HOW TO USE
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Remove suppository from the fridge and remove wrapper.
- Lubrication is key! Apply a water-soluble lubricant to the application area as well as to the tip of the suppository.
- For vaginal insertion, insert the suppository (pointed end first) with your finger as far back as it can go without causing any discomfort.
- For bottom insertion, lie on your side and straighten your lower leg while bending your upper leg toward your stomach. Lift upper buttock, and insert the suppository until it passes the muscular sphincter of the rectum — this is about 1 inch in most adults!
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Rest for 5-20 minutes so the suppository can settle in and won’t slip out.
- Enjoy the relaxation!